Friday, July 12, 2013

Boredom and Worthlessness

        Hello, darling ghost viewers! (Don't worry, I still love you. Even though I think I'd love you a tad more if you maybe followed us, but whatever. Nonetheless, you're pretty amazing.) Today is a wonderful day. The sun is shining, birds are chirping (some from within my living room) and it's in the low 80s outside, Fahrenheit of course. But that doesn't make it any more wonderful here in Boringtown, USA.
        I love to be with people, but I'm not one of those that can have like 20 sleepovers in a row. A few a week is fine and dandy (except for the fact that I've only done like four this whole summer whoopsnotmyfault), but even that cannot quench the sense of boredom from within this awful little town. I don't know, I just want to do things! I want to run outside and go to a froyo shop or a Starbucks or, I don't know, my friend's house! But not here. Our movie theater isn't even in town, for goodness' sake. What can we do?
        The community pool is a hotspot for six year olds, fifth graders who wear bikinis and pretend to be "teenagers", and über-hot, tan, belly-ringed lifeguards who look perpetually bored with their jobs. At least they're getting paid to be bored. I am drowning in my own worthlessness over here, and the worst part is, I can't even try to complete the bucket list! That was supposed to be our savior over here, but you need two to complete bucket list items.
        Ombré hair? That takes time. Record music? Okay, if you knew us in person, you would know that was for Lise. Write a novel? I suppose, but I'm kind of looking for a "quick fix" kind of item. Something I can do for a couple hours and then cross off.
        Everything on this list has to be done with or by Lise. Why the heck.

       Well, I guess I'm going to go bathe in my own boredom, guys! If you live in LA, NYC, Seattle, the Twin Cities, Miami, or some other cool place that I really want to go, I envy you. Big time.

        So long,
Elle

No comments:

Post a Comment